POM (Polyoxymethylene, acetal) is the most common structural plastic material, together with PA (Nylon).
POM is easy to work for dimensionally stable structures and is weather resistant.
POM can spring a little, giving a snap effect that may be useful in certain contexts.
POM is an affordable material.
POM can be supplied with food approved in conjunction with food contact, upon request.
Trade names of raw materials and semi-finished products:
Linatex supplies both semi-finished and finished products, as required. Documentation for quality and short delivery times makes Linatex a good partner.
What is POM used for
Application temperature normally from approx. -50 ° C up to 100 ° C.
Density usually approx. 1.41 g/cmᶟ
- Food Contact
- Good combination of toughness, rigidity, creep resistance and dimensional stability
- Narrow tolerances and goal stability on finished items
- Good moisture and chemical resistance
- Large temperature range
- Resistant to thermal and oxidative decomposition
- Good resistance to stress relaxtion
- Good friction and wear characteristics
- Make gas and steam penetration
- Filler qualities can be delivered, which improves material properties
Attacked by strong mineral acids (below pH 4).
Decomposed by sunlight / UV rays (nature).
Hard to paste.
High combustion rate.
Low breaking strength.
Impeller wheels, bearings, gears, couplings, bearings, pulleys, handles, water meters, propellers for ventilation, fine mechanical details, etc.
Linatex is a member of EPDA and IAPD and is subject to ongoing control by the Danish Food Administration
Please note that it is the end user who is responsible for the materials used to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Linatex uses a Zeiss 3D measuring machine to ensure that deliveries meet the desired dimensions.
We will be happy to help you with advice, drawings and specifications, so the final product will be right.
Linatex stands for proven quality in all products.